The Yale Parenting Center accepts several undergraduate or post-grad interns each semester. We accept interns from Yale, Quinnipiac and University of New Haven as well as from universities all over the country in the summer.
The internships are unpaid and support our clinical and research work. We are looking for students who are willing to commit to a minimum 10 hours per week (up to 32 hours per week in the summer) and are required to have the following:
- You must be in your Junior or Senior year of college.
- You must have taken a research methods course.
- You must be a psychology (or related) major.
- You must be a US citizen with a social security number.
Internship sessions run as follows:
Fall – CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING STUDENTS September to December
Spring – January to early May
Summer - FULL FOR 2017– late May/early June through July (our Center is closed in August)
We work directly with the caregivers of children between the ages of 6-12 years who have behavioral issues. Our therapists also train and certify other clinicians in our program. Please review our website for more details on the work that we do here and be sure to browse our website’s press room.
What our internship program is:
· Become familiar with our treatment method.
· Gain professional experience working at a major university.
· Learn how grants are run.
· Be trained in HIPAA privacy rules and implement them.
· Observe recorded sessions with parents.
· Observe recorded professional trainings.
· Gain experience using Excel and SPSS in practical ways.
Interns are not trained in our treatment method and do not have direct contact with caregivers or children.
If you would like to speak to someone about this opportunity, please complete the Intern Application and email it to Jennifer Pope.
Yale Parenting Center