Thank you for visiting our page for parents.
The Yale Parenting Center is devoted to sharing what we know about how to help parents be the best they can be. Parenting is the most difficult job in the world but that does not mean that is has to be riddled with stress, anger, and guilt on a daily basis.
How do you know if our program is right for you?
Does your child?
- Argue over rules or requests several times each day
- Complain a large part of the time
- Struggle with homework
- Have trouble making friends
- Talk back
- Cry or scream when things do not go their way
- Hit or shout at family members or others when angry
- Debate or argue
- Get frustrated
- Find yourself scolding or punishing
- Argue with significant others or family over methods of handling problem behaviors
- Get calls from the school
- Feel like you’ve tried everything and nothing works
- Worry about your child
If this sounds familiar to you, we want your daily life with your child to be much easier. We want you to enjoy your child because that will lead to an enriching relationship in which your child will flourish. Parenting didn’t always come with instructions, but now it does.
Take a look at our menu on the left to find out how we can help.